If you want to study English, there are many schools around the world to choose from. You want to select a high-quality school that will give you good education value for your money, and you need a school that fits your interests and personality. Follow these tips to pick the best English school for you.
- Ask about the school’s accreditation. Accreditation is a certification from a national organization that examines schools. In the United States, for example, quality English schools are accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation.
- Look for information about the qualifications of the teachers. They should have master’s degrees and experience teaching English as a second language.
- Find out what subjects and how many levels the school offers. You need to study all aspects of English, including reading, writing, conversation, and listening. Some schools even offer a separate grammar course to help you really master English usage. Also, be sure that the school has several levels for each class. This will give you instruction that meets your specific needs.
- Check out the size of the classes. Small classes are best – in large classes, it can be difficult to participate and practice your English.
- Consider the location of the school. Look for a school in a city with lots of places to go to learn about the local culture and meet native English speakers.
- Learn about the housing options. Some schools have dormitories where you would live with other foreign students. A better option for practicing your English every day is a homestay with a local family. Look for a school that arranges homestays.
- Ask what activities the school plans for students. Schools that offer trips, parties, and other activities outside classes care about helping students feel like a family while they learn.
- Compare the prices of different schools. Remember that you also have to pay for your visa, travel, housing, and meals.