- You can enjoy the great outdoors – Middle Tennessee is full of rivers, lakes, and state parks with beautiful places to boat, swim, hike, camp, and picnic. Drive a couple of hours to the Great Smoky Mountains and you’ll find white water rafting and one of the nation’s most beloved national parks. Plus, our hot summers and mild winters make it easy to experience nature all year long.
- You want a city that’s not too big and not too small – With 600,000 residents, Nashville has the shopping, entertainment, and culture you expect in a great city, but the friendly atmosphere and famous “Southern hospitality” of a smaller town.
- You’ll love our thriving arts scene – Nashville is home to a world-class art museum, a symphony orchestra, a professional ballet company, and a performing arts center that hosts touring Broadway shows. Add the diverse music scene Nashville is famous for, and you’ll never be bored in Nashville!
- You like to watch or play sports – Downtown, you’ll find the stadiums and arenas of nationally-known hockey and football teams and minor league baseball. If you would rather play than watch, Nashville has plenty of facilities like golf courses, tennis courts, and parks.
- You demand the best English language education – Of course, the best reason to study English in Nashville is the International English Institute! At IEI, you’ll find small classes with six levels of customized instruction, caring and experienced teachers, and a program that has worked for 33 years to help 6,500 students from over 110 countries improve their English and achieve their goals. Apply today and see for yourself all that IEI and Nashville have to offer!