In the U.S., we call this a new year’s resolution. Many people make resolutions to lose weight, save money, or quit a bad habit like smoking.
Do you want to improve your English in 2011? Now is the perfect time – English is becoming more important around the world as the language of international communication. A strong knowledge of English gives you more opportunities in education and in business.
Here are 10 resolutions you can make to improve your English in 2011, each with a link to more information to help you achieve your goal.
- Buy (and use!) a good English dictionary – Here are some features to look for.
- Study English in the U.S. – The absolute best and fastest way to improve your English is by studying with us!
- Practice English while you surf the Internet – Check out these resources.
- Learn a new word every day – Here’s where to find new vocabulary.
- Make an effort to meet native English speakers – Break the ice with these tips.
- Subscribe to blogs to improve your English – Start with these five (plus the IEI Blog!) and read them daily.
- Take the TOEFL – Learn to prepare for the test you need to get into an American university.
- Get into an American university – Do you know about your options?
- Immerse yourself in English every day – Even in your home country, you can dive into English!
- Learn about the culture of English-speaking countries – Start with this explanation of American classroom culture.
What’s your resolution for 2011? Tell us about it in the comments!
[photo credit: Mooi]